If you have a garden or property, you will no doubt accumulate green or garden waste that needs to be removed. Instead of trying to cram it all into a wheelie bin, you can utilise garden rubbish removal that collects and disposes of your garden rubbish swiftly and in an environmentally friendly way.
Whether you generate garden waste as part of your business operations or at your property or home, it’s important to stay on top of it. Garden waste can accumulate quickly and can cause safety hazards and an unsightly mess before you know it.
Sometimes you find yourself with large amounts of waste that you need removed, like palm fronds, garden clippings, or logs and branches. When organising removal of your garden rubbish, there are several options available to you. But before we delve into that, what exactly is garden rubbish?
What is garden rubbish?
Garden rubbish can cover many different things. It can cover green waste (also known as biological waste), which are organic, compostable products from gardens and households. It can also cover general waste and non-compostable items that are found in gardens or yards.
It can cover:
- Household organic waste and food scraps
- Grass clippings, weeds, and plant matter
- Branches, palm fronds and other plant vegetation
- Fences like chain, wire and timber
- Garden edgings
- Greenhouses, sheds, deck and patios
- Clotheslines, swing sets and trampolines
- Ornaments and pots
- Outdoor furniture and structures
Types of garden rubbish removal
We offer three main types of removal services for garden rubbish. The best option for you will depend on your circumstances and the amount of rubbish you need removed. Take a look below at our rubbish removal service options:
- Hands on removal – This is the best option if you don’t have the time or resources to get involved in the rubbish removal. A truck comes to your location and loads up your garden rubbish, wherever it is located, and removes it that day. This is great for last minute removals and if you can’t be there at the time of the removal. For more on hands on removal, take a look here.
- Skip bin hire – Do you need time to sort through or clear your garden rubbish? Then a skip bin is probably the best option for you. A skip gets delivered to your location and placed where is convenient to you (they are on wheels for easy movability), and then you can fill it at your own pace. You have the skip bin for 7 days before it is collected and the garden waste is disposed of for you. For more information on skip bins, take a look here.
- Combination service – The combination service combines hands on removal and a skip bin. This can accommodate large amounts of garden rubbish and give you time to clear your rubbish into the skip bin, while getting the larger or more cumbersome items removed by others. For more on our combination service, head here.
What’s wrong with dumping garden waste in landfill?
In a study conducted by Sustainable Gardening Australia it was shown that of the green waste generated by a household, 400kg is disposed of incorrectly without being recycled.
When you put garden rubbish in standard wheelie bins, it ends up in landfill. Once in landfill, green waste is broken down without oxygen and releases methane gas in the process. Methane gas and carbon dioxide are greenhouse gases and play a big part in the large greenhouse effect. It’s predicted that every Australian resident is responsible for emissions of about 15.3kg of methane annually.
So while dumping garden waste in your general rubbish bin might seem harmless at the time, it all contributes to greenhouse gas emissions. This is why it’s important to dispose of garden waste correctly, such as putting it in the designated garden waste council bins or ensuring that your rubbish removal service disposes of it correctly.
We specialise in garden rubbish removal, so we ensure that your garden waste is disposed of correctly and won’t end up in landfill. We pride ourselves on our environmentally friendly approach to rubbish removal.
Wherever possible we also try to recycle items we collect. These can include items of furniture that can be sent to charity shops, tip shops or material recyclers. This reduces the rubbish sent to landfill and also helps keep our charges as low as possible. When booking, please let us know if you have any recyclable items. That way our team can come fully prepared.
We have experience in a diverse range of customers, covering garden and general waste. Including:
- Commercial rubbish removal including body corporate, real estate, industrial estates, hotels and
- Household rubbish removal including green waste, deceased estates, downsizing, packaging and renovation.
We hope this article has helped answer your questions around garden rubbish removal and how a professional service can benefit you. If you have any more questions or are interested in booking, get in touch with our friendly team here.